The Sadie Lady

The Sadie Lady
Sadie is waiting patiently for her new friend!
This web site is dedicated to our daughter in China, where ever she is! It is a place for family and friends who want to follow us along as we untangle the red thread of international adoption and bring her home!

Days Since LID

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Finally Washington Documents Back

It has been a little disturbing the last few days, especially since we have already dealt with one lost package that UPS has never found. But the courier was to pick up our documents on Wednesday and we should have gotten them back on Friday.

I didn't bother looking up the tracking number on Thursday because it takes awhile for FedEx to log them in. I checked Friday morning and they hadn't been logged in. Not really sure what happened with this, the courier hasn't e-mailed me back yet. I think it is related to the snow Washington got last week. I heard other people on the message boards say that last weeks snowstorm backed things up in DC.

Finally on Sunday the tracking number was in the FedEx system and we got them today. So now we are down to one piece of paper. We need the I-171 from USCIS (immigration).

My social worker gave me a number to call today at the USCIS office. I talked to a very pleasant man, Alvin, but he wasn't able to find out much. He did know our package was sitting on Mr. Krause's desk, but he wasn't aware of any problems. Mr. Krause is off today so Alvin couldn't ask him about it. It has been over a week since they got the additional information we sent them. I didn't think it would take this long. Some people have been getting their 171 back from Charleston in 10-14 days. Our fingerprint appointment was Jan. 30, so we are at day 22 since we had everything done for immigration.

Oh well, patience....

No comments: