The Sadie Lady

The Sadie Lady
Sadie is waiting patiently for her new friend!
This web site is dedicated to our daughter in China, where ever she is! It is a place for family and friends who want to follow us along as we untangle the red thread of international adoption and bring her home!

Days Since LID

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Chinese New Year Celebration

We spent the afternoon immersed in Chinese culture. Not all the people in the group were parents who adopted from China, I would say most were Chinese people who just happen to live in the area.

Our good friends were there and we met some new ones. Two couples sat across from us at lunch who are in the same stages of the process as we are. One is waiting for the 171 to come back from Washington, so they can finish their dossier and the other just sent their dossier to their adoption agency. So it is likely we will all be traveling to China at about the same time.

As I watched all these cute kids running around all day, I remembered that the time delays are for a reason and someday the delays will be cause for a big celebration. Bigger than the one we would have had if our 171 had the right name on it.

One day we will have a child and I'll remember had it not been for the delay then that child would not be ours. One day I'll thank the USCIS for being a thorn in my side. But today, I will thank God because his plans are greater than mine.

I thought it was ironic that the first piece of mail I glanced at when we got home was a catalog. The front featured a purse, some women's clothing, summer sandals and a small wall hanging. The wall hanging seemed sort of out of place in the midst of all that other stuff. It said:

"Good morning! This is God, I will be handling all your problems today. I do not need your help. So have a nice day!"



Here are some pictures from Chinese New Years. This is the year of the pig, in fact this is the year of the "golden pig". I think it only comes around every 60 years.




A "white" head in a sea of "black" (Jeff).




Twins from China performing in the talent show. Our friend's daughter was trying to get a better view.





The Dragon




Children's Choir. They sang a song in Chinese.




The Craft Table: The little girl in the red bow is our friend's daughter. She asked me what color my baby liked. Kids ask hard questions. Hearing someone refer to "my baby" is weird the first time you hear it. The first thing that came to mind was "pink" and so she colored me a pink pig.

No comments: