The Sadie Lady

The Sadie Lady
Sadie is waiting patiently for her new friend!
This web site is dedicated to our daughter in China, where ever she is! It is a place for family and friends who want to follow us along as we untangle the red thread of international adoption and bring her home!

Days Since LID

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Disastrous Mozzarella!

Well the first attempt at homemade mozzarella appears to be a disaster. The instructions say you can use store bought milk. So I tried it with Wal-Mart's Great Value brand. I ended up with something that looked like Ricotta and made my kitchen, towels and hands smell like sour milk. Yuck! The instructions also say that you cannot use ultra-pasteurized milk. The milk jug doesn't say ultra-pasteurized, but I have noticed in the last year or so that all the cream, half-and-half and organic milk cartons in the grocery store are labeled ultra-pasteurized.

I'm not going to give up yet, the instructions say if you have trouble with store bought milk to make a gallon using dry milk powder. I don't know how I got so lucky to marry a man who supports all my crazy schemes, but he just ran off to the store to get some dry milk powder while I clean up this mess I have in the kitchen!

No comments: