The Sadie Lady

The Sadie Lady
Sadie is waiting patiently for her new friend!
This web site is dedicated to our daughter in China, where ever she is! It is a place for family and friends who want to follow us along as we untangle the red thread of international adoption and bring her home!

Days Since LID

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Memphis Baby Shower!

As soon as I made my flight arrangements to go back to Missouri, Ginny and I started working on a family baby shower for Memphis. We had a great time planning it and lots of laughs trying to figure everything out when we are separated by over 1000 miles and the parents were holed up in Seattle.

Ginny hand made as many invitations as she could given the short time frame. They are darling! We switched our plan for the food at the shower several times (the guest list kept getting longer, decided to include both sides of the family, decided to invite husbands, invited some of my friends who have known Carla for years and also decided to include the girls and guys from Collision Repair). So what was going to be a small family get together at Carla and Frank's house ended up being moved to the church social room at Huffman Memorial.

Ginny and I scraped the idea of making the food. There was no way we could make enough appetizers for that many people given I wasn't flying into MO until Friday. So we opted for cake, punch and fruit trays. After a zillion phone calls and e-mails we had it all figured out.

Then I had to cancel my trip!!! Skipper apologizes profusely but there's no way I could go home right now. Everyone is suppossed to take lots of pictures for me. Sure going to miss seeing Ginny and laughing over all the funny things that happened while we tried to plan a baby shower that turned into the size of a wedding reception!

No comments: