The Sadie Lady

The Sadie Lady
Sadie is waiting patiently for her new friend!
This web site is dedicated to our daughter in China, where ever she is! It is a place for family and friends who want to follow us along as we untangle the red thread of international adoption and bring her home!

Days Since LID

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!

Frank, Carla and Memphis

We had a nice day and took The Sadie Lady on a walk at Cowpens Battlefield. She loves it there. Sarah is coming up for the week-end with Chase and so we'll go back again on Saturday. I've got a sick horse, Skipper did something to his eye. It is swollen shut and tearing, so he is in a stall with Peanut in the stall beside him. Been out holding a warm compress to it, don't know what he did, but he is really unhappy about it. I don't know where this day went, but it went to fast. Ginny and I are trying to organize a family shower for Carla when I go home on the 11th. Finally after a zillion phone calls and changes of plans it is coming together.

I got a cute e-mail from Carla, the excerpt is below. Happy New Year to everyone!

"We're going to go down to the lobby later when Memphis wakes up and see if someone from the hotel will take a picture of the three of us together. I've got him dressed in a little outfit with stars all over it for his "New Year" picture. That was another ordeal, getting that thing on. I put on the pants, which wasn't so bad, then Frank said "what are we supposed to do with this". Well, it was the top part, but I thought it was just a t-shirt, but it was actually one piece and the pants were supposed to go on top. I said "for now it will be ok". There was no way I was attempting an undress and do over. Changing clothes is not easy. But now he's had a new diaper change and I've put him back together properly. He's sound asleep in the Moses basket, arms stretched out above his head. Talk to you later. Love Carla"