The Sadie Lady

The Sadie Lady
Sadie is waiting patiently for her new friend!
This web site is dedicated to our daughter in China, where ever she is! It is a place for family and friends who want to follow us along as we untangle the red thread of international adoption and bring her home!

Days Since LID

Sunday, June 17, 2007

To Kill a Mockingbird

When Harper Lee coined the words "Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat up people's gardens, don't nest in corncribs, they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird," I'm not sure she was talking about the little booger that has taken up residence in the tree by our driveway.

He is a plagiarizer to the finest degree and his repertoire not only includes songbirds, but frogs, crickets, hawks and I'm sure I've heard him mimic Sami's cheeping (Sami's cage is in the bedroom right across from the tree.)

He's the reason I'm up at 3am on a Sunday morning. Sadie decided she needed to go out and I turned on the garage light. The soloist thought the sun was rising, so I had to stay awhile and listen. Actually he is quite comical and I hope he decides to hang around.

No comments: