The Sadie Lady

The Sadie Lady
Sadie is waiting patiently for her new friend!
This web site is dedicated to our daughter in China, where ever she is! It is a place for family and friends who want to follow us along as we untangle the red thread of international adoption and bring her home!

Days Since LID

Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mother's Day Irony

Have you ever had something happen where the significance of the events was lost on you till everything was over. We took separate cars to church this morning because I had to stop off at Wal-mart on the way home to pick up a few things and Jeff was anxious to get home and start mowing.

I took the back way home from Wal-mart and as I was heading out of town two cars passed me on the two lane road. They were young boys, obviously together. One was in a souped up bright yellow sports car and the other was tailing him in an old mustang. They passed me at a high rate of speed, in the no passing zone, on a hill. Just as you get over the hill there is one last stop-light and all three of us had to stop for it. I thought "how ironic". This was one of those times I wished I had my cell phone to call the police, before those boys kill themselves or someone else.

After the light turned green they continued on and I turned off onto a country road that goes towards our house. A little later a deer come out from no where and ran in front of my car. I was far enough back that I stopped and watched her tear off into the woods. This girl was "booking". I've had deer run in front of me before, but this one was running like a horse in the Kentucky Derby. I don't know what scared her, but honestly I've never seen one run that fast before.

As I sat there in the road it dawned on me, that had it not been for those crazy boys that got in front of me at the stop light I would be dealing with a deer in my front seat. I can't really imagine what would have happened. She likely would have broad sided me. As fast as she was running she would have sent me over the embankment on the other side of the road.

So right now, I'm thanking God for two crazy teenagers that actually saved someone rather than killing them and praying that they get them home safely to their mothers on Mother's Day.

No comments: